Friday, August 8, 2014

Bear with me

I have been wanting to start a special needs blog in addition to my own family blog. I kept telling my self "I don't have enough time" or "life is to crazy and hectic" and an extensive list of excuses...not reasons. It's weird, though, you know? I LOVE to help others with their dreadful and tedious tasks that stare them in the face. (more on that later)  I didn't have the inspiration right away. What do I write about? What will be helpful or hopeful? What would be informative as well as realistic? And the big kicker, would I be enjoyable or entertaining?

After talking to a dear friend, I decided to jump in feet first. So here I am. Open and vulnerable to public opinion. It's not anything new for me. I've often been judged over the last several years for the way I've handled our life. The way I acted or something I've said. So what's the difference now?

Nothing.

Well, that's not totally true. The difference now is hopefully I can reach more people. Help more people, and touch more people who live very similar lives. I'm no expert on things. I just have a LOT of experience in the field. I love helping those who need help, those who need words of encouragement, and those who can see they aren't alone.  So they can see that no one's life is perfect and it's ok to have bad days, weeks, or months. But know, you've just got to brush yourself off and get back in the game. For this special needs life, though it's a rough game, we can always win!

Remember, we are all walking in Holland!

I would love to hear from you any questions, comments, or ideas you may have!!

-B




1 comment:

  1. Yay Bri! SO glad you are doing this, I find sharing our stories can be therapeutic and fun! Can't wait to read more from you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete